As the matron of honor (I know, “matron” sounds so old!), I was in charge of throwing my dear friend Lauren a bachelorette party! She wanted margaritas, a request I was happy to comply with, so I planned the spread to be mostly Mexican-themed. :)
- Margaritas (2 shots quality tequila, 1 shot cointreau, 1/2 shot lime juice, 1/2 shot agave nectar for 1 strong serving)… very pure and lovely margs!
- Barbacoa Sliders
- Mini homemade pizzas (pepperoni and cheese options, garlic & herb dough from Trader Joe’s)
- Exotic Fruit (thanks to Julianne)
- Homemade Guacamole (avocados, lime juice, fresh cilantro, sea salt, and pepper)
- Salsa (thanks to Kim)
- Tortilla Chips (thanks to Kim and Carrie)
- Queso (thanks to Chaney)
- Spicy Artichoke Dip (thanks to Carrie… I sure need to get this recipe!!)
- Cheese-Stuffed Peppers (Poblano & Sweet Peppers stuffed w/a ricotta, cream cheese, cayenne pepper spice, & red pepper flake spice blend… then coated in olive oil and broiled!)
I was inspired to make Barbacoa Sliders, because of my obsession with the happy hour at La Sandia in Tysons. Seriously, their happy hour has SUCH great deals on food and drinks. In fact, they just extended happy hour until 9pm on weekdays! You bet I’ll be there on Friday before seeing the new Harry Potter movie!