It’s finally starting to get cold outside, and all I want these days is creamy soup! I put together this recipe in college (from an assortment of other recipes), and the photo above is actually from college as well! Inspired by my favorite soup at Panera, all you need is some warm, fresh bread to make this meal complete.
Easy Broccoli-Cheddar Soup
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/4 cups of soy or regular milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro for garnish
- Steam broccoli.
- Combine mushroom soup, milk, and cheese in a saucepan over the stove.
- Heat the mixture on a medium level, stirring regularly, until it reaches a boil.
- Chop the broccoli into small pieces and add to the mixture. cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve with cilantro for garnish.