Happy MLK Day! I woke up on Saturday, considered our fridge along with my lazy grocery shopping over the week, and thought to myself: “Well, I never ended up making spinach & artichoke dip… I have eggs, and I have a pie crust… I wonder if there is such a thing as a spinach & artichoke quiche?” So I searched online (through my Ziplist app actually), and voila! I found a blog with instructions for spinach and artichoke quiche. I love the Internet!
I made some adjustments, especially because I didn’t have the exact ingredients. Here is my version:
Spinach & Artichoke Quiche
1 ready-to-bake 9-inch pie crust
1 can artichoke hearts
1/2 cup of cream or milk
3 tablespoons sour cream
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese*
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
A few dashes of freshly-ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat your pie plate with cooking spray, then place pie crust in the plate.
- Dice onion and red bell pepper. Drain can of artichoke hearts, rinse with water, then chop.
- Beat eggs, then combine with cream/milk, sour cream, and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the parmesan cheese. Combine well.
- Carefully pour and/or scoop the mixture into the pie crust. Add parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, then let cool before serving.
*I didn’t actually have very much mozzarella cheese, so I used mostly parmesan. The result was still delicious, however, this recipe would be my ideal cheese ratio for next time!
Can I just write a quick ode to this quiche dish from Crate & Barrel? We bought it in our first month of marriage, and it has been SO useful! Maybe you recognize it from other entries, but I use it for pizzas, Greek pies, and obviously quiches. At $9.95, it is super reasonable too.
The spinach & artichoke quiche provided a perfect brunch meal to kick off the long weekend. It was also an especially good day, because my husband had just arrived back in town from the UVA-Duke game, and we were basking in the joy of renewing our apartment lease! Life on the 11th floor continues… :)
PS – there was some leftover filling, so we ended up with two mini quiches as well.